Horse racing is probably one of the oldest and most popular sports in Australia. The adrenaline rush and excitement associated with the sport can be further enhanced if you decide to indulge in a bit of betting on your own horse racing. Betting on racehorses can be a very fun, exciting and rewarding experience if you can place your bets correctly and if you know the rules of the game. Just staying at home and earning a few extra bucks just based on a few well placed bets can be a lot of fun. That way, you can not only follow your favorite sport, but also make a few dollars through horse racing betting.
When you start using a laying system and place your first horse bet, you should make sure that you are familiar with the rules of the game and the betting conditions. Without the necessary knowledge, your horse betting odds may not be very good. Set realistic betting goals for yourself to help you win more than you lose.
Some golden rules of betting
When you start betting as an amateur, it is always better to start with a small bet bank. Get some experience on the field and then increase your bets as you become more confident with your horse bets. Educate yourself about the game and about the appearance of the horses in the game. Pick up some of the latest sports magazines on racehorses and read the statistics and average wins of various horses. Once you have the necessary numbers, try to make an informed guess about the horse betting odds.
You can also visit the morning sessions of practice races in the area to get a fair knowledge of the performance of the various horses. However, this is not always allowed. If that’s the case, you can reach the racetrack a little early, read the track, and observe the racehorses to make smart bets. Observe the behavior of the horse on which you have decided to place a bet. If you find that the horse is acting tired, sweaty, or limping, don’t bet.
Keep in mind the horse betting odds. Horses are categorized as Front Runners, Closers and Morning Glories. Front runners have a better chance of winning the race, while those that are closer are those that come in seconds and may have a very good chance of coming out victorious. The glory of the morning was the horses that shone brightly like the sun that initially ran but soon died. You need to know the basic category of the horse you are betting on to increase your chances of winning.
Horse Racing Bet Types
It is important to be knowledgeable about the different types of bets you can place on horses. Some of the basic categories include:
– Straight bet or Win bet is one of the most common horse bets where you place a bet on one horse and you win if that horse wins the race.
– In Place bet, you will win the bet if your horse comes first or second.
– Again, in Show betting, you can win your bet money if the horse you bet on is first, second, or third.
– In Combination betting, you must predict which horse will perform better between two to four horses and your win is based on the accuracy of your prediction.
– When you place your horse bet on two horses and if they finish in first or second place, you will win your bet. This is known as Quinella or Reverse Forecast.
– In Pick 3, you can choose the horse that you think will likely emerge victorious in 3 races in a row.
– Daily Double is a racehorse bet where one chooses the horse that will win the first two races and the bet is made even before the first race starts.
Granted, sometimes horse racing betting can be an uphill task, but when you start to understand this sport you will enjoy the whole horse racing betting experience. Remember to make smart choices at the start and you can then start improving when placing horse bets.
Also read Lay Bet – Bettor Becomes Dealer